The other day I really needed to sweep but the dustpan wasn't with the broom. In my search I found a toy dust pan of Theo's and decided to try it.
As I swept Theo got excited. He loves sweeping. Then he disappeared. When he returned he threw the real dustpan into my pile. My clever boy knew what I needed and where it was!
Two weeks ago we helped walk a neighbor's dog while Johanna was out of town. I think Theo misses going over and getting the big, friendly doggie.
While swimming with Theo I decided to see if he would blow bubbles in the water. I did it to show him how. He thought that was great. Rather than trying himself, he just kept trying to get me to continue. At least I assume that is the reason he kept trying to shove my face in the water and not that he wanted to drown me :)
A few nights ago while making dinner I put Theo in his room each time I opened the oven. The last time I told Theo he needed to be in his room for just a minute so he would be safe. He went there all by himself and played with toys! He is learning how to follow directions and be happy! In the past I carried him to his room and he typically cried at the baby gate the entire time (but it's better than him being burned).
One night Theo woke around midnight. I tried calm him 10 minutes and then left the room to see if he'd go back to sleep on his own. He got quiet and I crawled into bed, and then he started crying and calling clearly and sadly, "Daddy! Dah-deee!"
Jay decided to get Theo. I hear Jay got Theo, and Theo pushed past him and ran straight to me in bed. Poor Jay. And poor me.
 |
Notice that's a Ritz cracker on his fork! Ha. He is so excited to learn to eat with a fork, he also uses it for Cheeries too. |
 |
| Pizza in both hands |
 |
| Theo loves to play on the steps . . . and to walk off them into too deep water. He just trusts we will save him. We do. |
 |
| Daddy is more fun than Mommy. |
 |
St. Patrick's Day attire! I think the outfit was itchy so I let him wear something else green after the photo. |
The video below has Theo saying "E-I-E-I" as in the song "Old MacDonald Had a Farm."
The next video was Theo's first swim of the season, enjoying playing with his cousin Rachel.
No comments:
Post a Comment