Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, especially my mom and Jay's mom!
Theo slept in today but then would not nap. Finally he was eating dinner in my lap (which is where he often insists on eating these days, the better to wipe peanut butter on my pants). Then he suddenly fell asleep at 6 p.m. I have no idea how long he will sleep or what this will do to tonight. He is pretty sweet when he sleeps.
We had a large party yesterday since Steve and Clara were in town and we have the pool. We ate hamburgers, which Davy cooked most of, and baked beans Lisa brought and salad and other things. I hope everyone got enough -- there were no burgers leftover.
Also, our AC was temporarily out, so we had a workman over while everyone else was here. I was impressed how he took a house full of 20 people in stride, just commenting on how much my baby had grown since the last time he'd been over. We will cross our fingers our AC will be okay. It is hot.
I made cooked veggies with dinner. Theo ate all his broccoli and then all of mine. He had little interest in the carrots and cauliflower.
I miss broccoli.
 |
| Jay printed and painted these |
 |
| The inside of a left handed mouse |
 |
| I know it's fuzzy, but it's so funny! Theo loves to feed the dog. |
 |
| He was in such a goofy mood |
 |
| I don't know why it looks like he has a bald spot. He doesn't. |
 |
| He is beginning to understand how to smile for the camera, but I get a lot of this. So cute . . . and not quite what I am looking for. |
 |
| We were in out community pool area. His lips are saying "pool" because he says so many words these days. |
 |
| This was a few weeks ago after swimming. I hadn't gotten Theo's shirt on him yet and Rachel hugged him and then wouldn't stop touching his soft skin. |
 |
| At library toddler time, I stood Theo up for a song. Rachel stole my lap from him. Then Theo got jealous and got into my lap too. |
 |
| He puts shoes on all by himself |
 |
| He loves books |
 |
| At the Children's Museum when Steve and Clara visited. Theo liked the play dishes. Well, he liked everything there. |
 |
| This was Theo's favorite -- the motorcycle, although he called it a "truck." He mostly wanted to be on the ground and touch its wheel and lights. He seemed worried when I tried to put him in the seat. |
 |
| The ambulance was cool too. |
 |
| And there are the lights on the fire truck |
 |
| I think every child loves the shopping cart area of the Children's Museum with the trees to pick fruit from, the produce bins, the cashier stands, etc. |
 |
| Swimming |
 |
| Jay was threatening to throw them all in. |
No comments:
Post a Comment