We all think Theo is a pretty smart kid, and cute too. I think I took this video a week ago and feel like he is talking even better now.
He loves books. I want to go to the library again soon to get some new books and to sign up for the summer reading program.
| We had friends over to swim. This friend has cute little feet. |
| Rock 'N Roll Dwarf with a Mohawk (3D printed) |
| Jay painted it |
He is better at articulating what he wants now. Being a toddler, he is also becoming more opinionated. "Sit. Chair. 'Prise." (He wants to sit in my lap in the rocking chair and read him Click, Clack, Surprise.)
A few weeks ago Theo was trying to touch cactus, so I tried to show him that it was dangerous. I pretended to touch it and yelped, "Ouch."
Yesterday with no prompting he pointed to a cactus and plainly said, "ouch." It was obvious he thought he remembered the name of that plant, an ouch. I was amazed that he remembered, even if he didn't know what I meant.
Just in the past few weeks his sleeping has been changing too. Previously it seemed like he only ever slept after I prepared him for sleep and in his own room. He would occasionally fall asleep in the car seat, but never fell asleep randomly anywhere and moving him always woke him up. Yesterday he fell asleep in my arms when I was standing holding him. Today he fell asleep in the car on the way to the store. I tried to shop quickly with him in my arms, pushing the cart with one hand. He stayed asleep for the entire process, then slept as I put him into the car seat and then stayed asleep when I transferred him into his bed! He is better at staying asleep.
On the other hand, getting him to calm down to sleep has been harder. He seems to think at bedtime, "Oh yes, BOOKS! I LOVE books! I could read and spend time with Mommy for hours." He used to like to read, listen to songs, snuggle and go to sleep. Now he happily says, "sleep" but resists going to sleep.
Quick note I wrote on 5-14-17
Theo's firsts:
1) Today I found Theo spinning like a top.
2) I saw him standing on tip toe, which is the first I have seen him do that.
3) He fell asleep cuddling a teddy bear for the first time.
Today he also was crying while trying to put on Daddy's pants. I helped him pull them on and he was so proud and went to show off his jeans to Daddy, while I held the fabric up. Later he said, "Pants! Pants!" and brought them to me again to put on him.
We checked out Dr. Seuss's The Foot Book from the library and he has had me read it to him a lot of times. I haven't ever seen him insist on the same book over and over before. It must be a toddler thing.
I can now feel part of his last canine cutting through the gums. Those have not been fun teeth to get. He has been having trouble falling asleep lately and maybe it's related. Or maybe going to sleep just isn't as much fun as staying up.
No comments:
Post a Comment