Last night we went to The Gaslight Theater. It was Jay's work's celebration of the end of tax season, but we also got my parents to watch the kid, so it was our date. We didn't get any pictures, but it was fun. I love live singing :) I told them it was our anniversary, but somehow we got forgotten. Too bad.
Today we went to the park and fed the ducks (also not pictured. This time because holding onto a dog and toddler by the water's edge was a lot). This was the second time Theo had the opportunity to feed the ducks. We just fed hot dog buns, which was good since Theo ate a lot of his pieces instead of throwing them. Theo was understanding the concept of feeding the ducks a bit more this time. After that we got footage of Theo and Daddy and Little Foot playing in a field. They are so cute!
After the park we went to Kneader's and got some hot sandwiches and fresh chips with Parmesan on them. Theo mostly just ate the chips. I guess he was full from the bread he ate earlier. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed sitting in the outside seating with our dog. Amazingly, the high was 77 or something. The only problem was the wind, but it never got too bad.
After that I worked hard and got Theo down for a nap and then took one myself. Jay and Theo are still napping, which is why I have time to type a little.
| Jay's 3D Printer |
| Jay's 3D printer |
| A tiny dwarf Jay printed |
| Green Benchie (the bench-mark boat for 3D printing) |
| I guess when Jay takes Theo to get the mail, this is what they do -- Theo on the shoulders and Daddy gallops. No wonder Theo loves to check the mail with Daddy. Silly Mommy makes him walk. |
| Hair in the wind. The hat blew right off. |
Last time I wrote Theo wanted attention, of course, and I couldn't think up much to say, so this time I've been typing up stories throughout the week as they came to me to share about my favorite Theo, since he really is so interesting.
Theo is advancing his climbing skills, trying to use the handles on drawers and the oven to help him get on the counter. Oh dear! On Monday I found that he had helped himself to a bag of leftover hot dog buns. He seemed pretty pleased with his snack.
I was doing dishes and reached for my dish towel, but it was gone. I turned around and found a giggling little boy using it as a hat.
On Monday night Jay was eating extremely spicy Korean noodles and Theo was begging and Jay gave him a taste. Instead of screaming and never asking again, Theo begged a few more bites. Jay gave him a few as we wondered if he was going to have a severe after burn. I got him milk and bread. He drank milk but ignored the bread and only stopped eating noodles because Jay stopped giving any, not wanting a bad outcome. Wow! He already likes spicy food!
He also likes Sour Patch Kids candy (sour powder covering sweet gummies). My kid is so much like his daddy.
On Tuesday he helped himself to sandwich bags from the kitchen drawer and tried to put them on his feet.
He saw ducks for the first time on Tuesday. He was so excited and kept saying, "Duck! Duck! Duck!"
I showed him how I was feeding the ducks, and then gave him a small piece of bread to throw. He looked at it, grinned really big, and immediately fed it to Little Foot. Then he turned back to the lake and said, "Duck, duck!" some more.
A week ago Theo woke up in the middle of the night and I could not get him to go back to sleep. After trying lots of calming things for 45 minutes, I gave up and decided to at least try to get some rest myself even if Theo wasn't going to. I put on The Emperor's New Groove for Theo and then laid down. That's an innocuous movie, right?
It got to the part with the balloon and the jaguars. I laughed and then realized that the next part is scary. I looked at Theo, wondering if I should skip this, but instead of looking scared at the jaguars, he looked entranced. Just like you might cheer for your favorite sport's team, he started chanting, "Doggie, doggie, doggie!"
Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDelete