He mostly just gets kisses rather than give them. Yesterday he made 2 of his teddy bears kiss.
One of our fun things this week was camping. Theo fell down like 5 times within the first 2 minutes of him wandering our campsite. He scraped his arms and even his leg, which is impressive since he was wearing boots and long pants. He didn't complain. He loved chasing birds around the campsite and gathering a lot of pine cones. He even made an attempt at saying "pine cone."
I think the most difficult word he knows is, "chocolate." I suspect he learned it because it is such an important word.
He managed to open a door with a round handle a few times the other day. It took lots of effort, but our front door now is equipped with a child safety handle, as well as the bathroom.
Jay was awake at 2 a.m. the other night and thought he heard something in Theo's room. He peeked in to see Theo sleepily playing with his light box. Jay said he left before he could be spotted. He checked in 20 minutes later and Theo was asleep on his floor.
Theo's growing vocabulary means that he can ask for a lot of things. He often will ask for the doggie to be in his room before I put him to bed. Sometimes when I tell him it's time to lie down, he says, "Sit! Chair! Light! Book!"
Yes, I know you want to sit with Mommy in the rocking chair and read a book with the light on, but it's time for sleep. If you can't tell, he loves the bedtime routine of reading and rocking, but not the part where he goes to sleep. Some kids will fall asleep reading books. I can read to Theo for hours and he still will be awake. It has helped that I got a bunch of quiet time books from the library last time. I save more exciting books for the day time.
We have started working of getting him to say, "Please," which I'm sure you can tell from the above paragraphs, will be useful for him to know. He says it now when he is reminded.
He is very interested in letters and sometimes can correctly identify some of them. He is pretty good at a capital "H." He seems ambivalent to a "T." I try to get excited, "T is for Theo!" He likes "O, S, B" better. We were reading Snuggle Puppy a week ago, which has pages of big, colorful capital letter text. He asked what the exclamation points were. I told him again and again, each time he asked. He started calling them, "Poi'" and likes to identify those as well.
I couldn't pick a few favorites of the ones of him reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar. He likes books a lot. Everyone at my baby shower got Theo a book and they are all very well-used gifts.
| This was from library toddler time. This is probably the most crayon he has ever |
| I found him putting cows between his toes. How else would you play with 3D printed cows? Theo LOVES cows. |
| He wanted to eat ramen like Mommy does. This was after he had eaten some with his hands because first he was hungry. |
| Here comes Trouble. |
All of you seem to be enjoying the antics of a very cute and precocious son. Thanks for sharing. I truly look forward to your posts! Tache
ReplyDelete