Monday, June 12, 2017

Petting Chickens and Ducks

On Saturday I was busy, but we had a fun day. I went to Zumba at 6:30 a.m. Theo woke up just as I got home at 8 a.m., so he didn't even know I was gone. At 10 a.m. we went to a zoo at the library. The librarian thought there was going to be a pig, but there wasn't. Luckily, Theo was thrilled with the chicken, ducks, and a turkey. While we were there, the turkey was in a crate the entire time. Theo looked into the crate, fascinated. He was pretty sure it was a chicken.

Theo is even excited just seeing the photos of the ducks and chickens.

After that Theo and I went to a bridal shower for my soon to be sister-in-law, Melissa. It was so nice and we really enjoyed getting to know her better. She is learning English and so Aunt Alicia and Christina helped translate from Spanish to English for us. We laughed a lot. I think the most we laughed was when we did a "Newly Wed" type game. My sister filmed Davy, asking him questions about Melissa and we saw if their answers matched. He gave his answers in both English and Spanish. We would ask the question to Melissa and then we showed Davy's answer to the same question.

After that we had friends over for games and dinner. We had lots of fun. It was especially fun to see Theo and their son, who is a few months younger than Theo, had a really great time doing boy things. It was the first time they really played together like that, throwing balls and attempting to break the talismans (they broke one on accident, but then started to try on purpose, so those got put away). They ran around together and were noisy boys. I loved it!

Theo's speaking is still getting better. He now will ask for a kiss (but he really means, "kiss me and hold me" and tell me, "Sad."












Rachel was "helping" Theo drink his bottle.
3D printed letters

3D printed T rex skull top

He loves letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment