Friday, August 25, 2017

Theo funny things, swimming with friends

Theo's new thing is to get excited at seeing an "M" (or a "W") in a book or on the iPad. He will say, "M," and then turn the book or tablet upside down and declare "Double!" (His name for "W.") He is so good at finding the fun in everything.
He got that pear all by himself. He could survive in the wild.
He has had a fever for the last few days. On day 1 he asked for Tylenol. I wasn't sure if he needed some or not, but he had a low grade fever and his last dose had worn off, so I gave him more. He then ran around the house shouting, "Tylenol yummy!"
That was not why I gave you Tylenol, kid!

I checked for If You Give a Pig a Party at the library again, but it was not on the shelf. We did find, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie and it has become a new favorite. I was trying to get him to go to bed yesterday and he kept asking for, "Mouse! Cookie! Mouse! Cookie!" It was not in his room and I tried to convince him to read a different book, but he didn't go to sleep until I went and found that book for him.

Theo loves to find Mommies and babies, including mommy and baby puppies, ducks, and even airplanes. We were reading Hop On Pop and he insisted that Pop was a Mommy. I explained he was a daddy and Theo got very sad and insisted it was a mommy. I told him, okay, that is a mommy. He got happy and pointed at the picture, "Mommy pop," and then at the kids bouncing on him, "baby pops." Apparently he thinks that those fuzzy Dr. Seuss creatures are called pops.


We had some friends over for dinner and swimming. Jay got very excited and creative and brought glow sticks and also made glowy water balloons for the pool. It was pretty cool and almost made up for the snake we saw on our way back to our home.

Using a Flowbee to cut his hair. 










He insists that the dogs on the right page are "Foot" and "Happy" (Happy is Natalie's dachshund, and Little Foot's sister)

Whenever we read Goodnight Moon and I say, "And a comb, and a brush, and a bowlful of mush," he always insists that the bowl has rice in it.

This book is called Puppy Puppy Puppy. It has hidden nerdy things in it -- in this case the mom's shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment