Theo is beginning to use sentences. He is also getting a little more independent. For example, sometimes he shuts himself in his room and plays for a few minutes. Other times, when Mommy has taken him home and he didn't want to go, he will go read by himself, mad at me. It's a little sad that he relies a bit less on me, but it's also nice. He is growing up so much.
 |
Friends had us over for swimming and their pool has a waterfall
|
 |
| Using the handles for footholds, he climbed up the filing cabinet, found a permanent marker, and "autographed" a picture of himself. |
 |
| Family walk in the wash |
 |
| He fell asleep in the car seat reading that book. I pried his fingers off the book to take him out of the car seat, but he immediately grabbed back onto the book . . . in his sleep! Then he carried it in and transferred to the bed (thank goodness) . . . but still wouldn't let go and so slept on the book. |
 |
| These are really yummy Brazilian dumplings with chicken inside. Theo LOVED them. We would swim some, and then he would yell, "Chicken!" and we'd get another. And then we'd swim some more and then he would yell, "Chicken!" again. . . |
 |
| Jay giving our friend's daughter swim lessons. |
 |
| In and out of the water, Theo loved that one of his friend's floating had a steering wheel. |
 |
| Finger painting. I did the stars. Theo enjoyed being in the bathtub painting |
 |
| This morning I hadn't heard from Theo but saw his light was on. Sometime in the night he got up, turned on both his light and lamp, got into the rocking chair, and went back to sleep. Cute. And, yes, he refuses to wear jammies these days because they symbolize bedtime. Or something like that. He hasn't really said why. |
Written 9-1-17
Tonight I handed him his toothbrush and he started brushing side to side. I told him I would help him brush little circles.
He requested triangles.
I said circles.
He got upset.
I agreed that I was brushing triangles (while still brushing little circles). Then he let me brush his teeth while he dictated what shape I was brushing: rectangles, squares, diamonds, and stars.
It was cute. And dishonest on my part.
He is becoming adept at delaying bedtime, whether by requesting certain things, or by trying hard not to settle. We are working it out, but it is both cute and frustrating that Goodnight Moon sometimes amps him up. There is a mouse in every picture of the whole room in a different place each time, and he has started searching for it, getting sad when he can't find it, and shouting, "There it is!" when he does see the mouse.
Cell phone photos:
 |
| At a friends, he found a cozy coupe! |
 |
| Also at this cool place, a merry go round that he never wanted to leave. Also, rocking some brand new sneakers. |
 |
| Same place. The book is his. |
 |
| At the library. He knows where the puzzles are. This one has pieces that fit in every spot, but the colors are different, so you have to match colors to figure out where each goes. Theo really liked the challenge. He has gotten so good at wooden puzzles that he is getting bored with just finding where they fit. |
 |
| I was filling up with gas and also playing peek-a-boo |
 |
| He climbed up there all by himself. |
 |
| The solar eclipse. I had made the box into a viewer. I told him to look at the moons. He loves the moon and was intrigued. He also kept asking for crackers. Sorry, no crackers in this box. |
 |
| Library toddler time. The song goes, "Put it on your head and walk around the room." |
 |
| This day we went over to a friend's house. Theo insisted on wearing 2 shirts. |
 |
| At the play date. Theo is crowning his friend. |
 |
| Sam came to visit awhile back. They are good at number puzzles. |
 |
| They played together, the 3 cousins. There were no good photos of the 3 of them. |
 |
| Zinah was reading to Rachel and Theo came and joined in. We had come from swimming. |
No comments:
Post a Comment