I decided that I would cut the solos out of the choir numbers so that my parents could remember all the rehearsals and things they took us to and what we sounded like back then. As a special present to Lisa (let's call it her birthday present) I am leaving her solo out. She had a tech malfunction in hers and the recording did not reflect her abilities.
William singing Arabian Nights
Let my just say that Will rocked his solo.
Julie singing Beauty and the Beast
Ruth's dad, who recorded this, gave me 2 takes. In part of it, he put both my takes together. So yes, you are hearing 2 Julies sing at one point.
Sarah and David singing Hakuna Matata
They were so young then! It's really cute that they sang a duet.
We had our yearly Christmas Eve party, this time held on Saturday, Dec. 23rd since Christmas Eve itself is a Sunday and we thought we should have the really fun party on Saturday and do more religious worship on the Sabbath.
We didn't get any pictures of the toy section, but Theo spent most of the night playing with the train and big block set that my Uncle Kenny brought. It was better than food and even Santa. We got him to eat a little and sit with Santa a little, but mostly he wanted Mommy to build with him and then let him destroy the towers.
| This might be my favorite photo of the night, and it doesn't even have my kid in it. Theo's angel cousin stealing the show. |
The Night Before Christmas Song by Pat (my mom) and Julie. Dave (my dad) on piano.
Theo kept smacking a book on the floor. The audio automatically decreases when this happens so that you don't hear a huge thump in the footage.
Theo and his cousins dancing while everyone sang Frosty.
Jared reading during the nativity
William and Amanda playing the candy cane game
| Try to pick up candy canes using a candy cane in your mouth and then put them in a cup. I think Allison won? I don't know. I was building with blocks during most of it and couldn't see. |
Absolutely great! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete