Friday, December 22, 2017

The bedtime bear fix; Theo reading ABC Universe

A week ago Wednesday Jay came home after work and then put on his running shoes. Theo wanted to go with him, so Jay took Theo on a half mile jog, and then dropped him at home and then jogged by himself. After dinner Jay went to the church where he was in charge of the 11-year-old scouts. And then when he got home at Theo's bedtime, Theo discovered that his bedtime bear that lights up and sings was broken.



Getting the mail, he got cold. Daddy loaned him his hoodie.

Theo asked me to fix it, but I didn't think I could.
"Get tape!" Theo insisted.
"I don't think tape will fix it."

His lower lip quivered and his eyes filled with giant tears. "Show Daddy!"

Jay worked for over an hour, unpicking the sewed together toy and then repairing the electrical and mechanical pieces inside. I think he said he is printing a few replacement pieces (which he designed for his 3D printer) that will be more rigid and should work better. He also put in a new light and chose blue instead of the white light that had stopped working. Theo was so very happy to have it back and kept chattering about the new blue light. I was impressed with Jay too.

On Saturday a neighbor knocked on the door. She had some wrapping paper she didn't want -- it was toddler-type pictures and wondered if we wanted it. I thanked her and was saying "Merry Christmas" when Theo ran in from the other room. He was excited to say hi and to tell her, "Watching YouTube."
The older neighbor got really excited and said, "Happy New Year to you too!"
I didn't correct her.

Below is a video of Theo "reading" ABC Universe. This is not the first time we got that book from the library.
He loves D is for Dwarf Planet.


No comments:

Post a Comment