The poor kid had slept through the entire park and now believed that we were going there. We took pity on him, stopped and got some food and took it to another park on the way home.
I think the best thing about vacation is that we have time to do things like that -- go to two parks. The dog was with us so we didn't need to hurry home.
For Thanksgiving we were with a relatively small number of family -- I think it was like 30 people, so relatively small for my side of the family's Thanksgiving. Theo fell asleep in the car and napped for a long while, then got up and ate only turkey. No ham (which was present as well) or yams or pie or stuffing.
For Thanksgiving we were with a relatively small number of family -- I think it was like 30 people, so relatively small for my side of the family's Thanksgiving. Theo fell asleep in the car and napped for a long while, then got up and ate only turkey. No ham (which was present as well) or yams or pie or stuffing.
| Theo looked at the dessert table and said, shocked and sadly, "No chocolate?!" Apparently dessert is not dessert if it doesn't involve chocolate. |
| Theo with his great-grandparents |
![]() |
| Photo from Jay's phone from August |
![]() |
| He is wearing an old ROTC t-shirt from 1996 and '97. It obviously wasn't Jay's. |
Theo read me the entire Pete the Cat: 5 Little Ducks. I of course could not find the camera for it, but I was so amazed. He had gotten the book from the library so we had read it a lot. I tried to get him to do it again, and failed. But I still will remember the first time he turned every page of a book and told me what was on each page :)
Jay printed a dragon for Theo to paint. Theo thought it was so great. He painted several layers without letting them dry. He wanted the dragon all the colors. He said, "Paint dragon red. Paint dragon yellow. Paint dragon pretty blue." Every time he said blue, he clarified that it was "pretty blue." He may share a favorite color with his daddy.
I think the next video is where Theo had been "singing" The Wheels on the Bus. You missed the more traditional verses but it comes in on "swish swish swish" (from the wipers on the bus go swish swish swish). And then he sings "The daddies on the bus go . . ." and then he imitates snoring!




No comments:
Post a Comment