Saturday, April 14, 2018

Sink or Float

Theo has been completely obsessed with the game Sink or Float. You find items and put them in water and see if they sink or float. He kept watching a Youtube star, Blippi, do it. I suggested the other day that we try it ourselves and it has been a big hit. And a mess too. Luckily it's warm out. He goes to bed crying to do it some more. He woke up today asking for more items to make sink or float.



I managed to get footage of  Theo eating Grammy's Spicy Noodles. He insists on using chopsticks just like Mommy and Daddy, and he does an okay job of it. For his age, his chopstick use floors me.

Jay and Theo grew some veggies in a little garden just for fun. Those carrots are so tiny. They fed them to Little Foot and then he got sick. Oops.

Daddy was wearing a headband and so Theo wanted to as well. When Mommy got home, Theo insisted that Mommy wear one too. Also, he got a new haircut. Thank you, Daddy.

This is really hard to see, but it's a tiny 3D printed house inside a little terrarium.

He did this himself.

And then he put my shoes on. I helped tie them.

Tache sent him books about the planets. Hurray!

We were reading a planet book Tache sent us on Jupiter. There was a drawing of Jupiter right next to the earth so that you could see how much bigger Jupiter is than earth. I asked Theo where we lived. He said "Galaxy."
I said, "Well, yes, that is true. But I mean, do we live on Jupiter, or on Earth?"
"I don't know."
"You don't know where we live?" I said, pointing at the planets.
"Milky Way." He said. We are working on the idea that we live on Earth :) I'm still proud of him.

Our other big news is that 6 months ago Theo's sonogram rechecking his kidneys after surgery showed they were swollen again, this time from reflux. The surgeon said that the reflux would be unlikely to resolve itself and need surgery. He wanted to wait to check it for 6 months. We have been praying and we just got our test results Monday. The kidneys, pretty inexplicably, are back to the correct size again. Yay.
The plan is to check again in another 6 months and to also check for reflux at that time. If the kidneys are still the right size and the reflux has healed, he won't need another surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment