Saturday, April 28, 2018

Swimming and VR end of tax season party

Favorite toddler argument:
Theo: Want to find more items. Sink or float!
Me: I can help you in a few minutes. I need to fold and put away laundry first.
T: Sink or float! Help!
M: I need to finish the laundry. If I don't, you won't have socks and I won't have underwear and Daddy won't have underwear!
Theo was quiet for a minute.
Theo: Daddy he is busy. He don't WANT underwear! Find items!

These arguments might become more challenging when he is a teen. Or even next week.

There was a munch and mingle after church a few Sundays ago. We were planning on going to Aunt Lori's for dinner, so we were just going home instead, but when I picked up Theo from nursery he told me he was so thirsty and must have water in a cup. We went in for the water but also snagged him a cupcake too. After that he was begging to have chocolate cake. I considered just getting him a tiny piece, but there weren't any plates on the dessert table -- they were by the very long line for food and we needed to leave. As we left the cultural hall, Theo argued, "But there are cups." He was right. We could have put a piece in an empty cup. My little problem solver.

Jay and I went to Gaslight Theater with his work. It was fun. I recognized more of the songs than Jay did. Last year we told the waitress it was our anniversary (they bring you free ice cream). Last year they forgot. This year I just ordered ice cream. Well someone at Jay's work told and they brought us a sundae too. We had lots of ice cream :)

Theo stayed with Lisa. On the way over he was pointing at palm trees outside and talking about letters going up the coconut tree (just like in his book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. Sometime on the ride he got it into his head that Lisa owned a coconut tree and letters. Uncle Daniel ended up drawing a coconut tree on the fridge and then getting out magnet letters. Theo was concerned that some of the letters were missing, but he had a good time. That night before bed I asked Theo what his favorite thing was. One thing I suggested was playing Chicka Chicka Boom Boom with Uncle Daniel. He said, "Playing Chicka Chicka Boom Boom with Caleb." Theo really likes his cousin.

Little Foot turned 13 the other day. We love our old doggie.

A week ago we had friends and family over for a party to celebrate tax season ending. Lisa and Jared's families came for the swimming portion and then we had friends and Devon and Zinah afterward. The water for swimming was pretty cold, but everyone seemed to have a good time. The VR went over well.

This was before he started requesting over and over to be with Daddy. Daddy is more fun in the pool.

Here is the post from a year ago where we took the same throwing Theo picture.
He asked to wear Daddy's clothes

Now the pants fit his short legs

He was filling his bucket with items because now a big part of swimming is playing more sink or float




Cousins!












No comments:

Post a Comment