Last night I told Theo I was tired at bedtime and so he said that he would tell me a story. This was my favorite of the stories he told.
He adapted a Book of Mormon story that we have told him many times. The original story is 1 Nephi chapters 3-4 (the link is to chapter 3, you'll have to click for the next chapter) or a story version. Honestly, the version I tell is a bit more tame than either of those.
Anyway, this is what Theo told me --
This is the Story About the Light and the Alphabet.
Nephi went to the wicked Laban to get the plates and the alphabet. First, Nephi went up to wicked Laban and said, "Can I have the plates and the alphabet?"
Wicked Laban said, (Theo paused), "Yes."
So Nephi got the alphabet from the wicked Laban and they all went into the woods together. They looked at the trees and there were alphabet cookies on the trees. They ate the cookies and then found a W last. In fact, (side note, it is adorable when Theo says "In fact,") it was stuck on the tree and they had to pull really hard to get it off. They did it! And then they put all the letters in order. ABCDEFG, HIJKLMNOP, QRSTUVWXY and Z.
I feel like Theo tells better stories on the fly than I do.
One thing I forgot to mention in my last post is that we got to watch Rachel on Saturday. Her dad, my cousin Devon, was picking up her mom, Zinah, from the hospital. Rachel has a new baby sister, a tiny premie named Jenna who is still in the NICU. We have been saying a lot of prayers for their family.
It's always fun to have Rachel over, even if we wished it were better circumstances.
Theo is going to have some more kidney tests on October 18th and we hope everything is fine and he won't need another surgery.
Months ago Theo told me that this sign at the pool meant, "No red hair." So funny! I saw the sign the other day and thought of it and took a picture to remember what he thought it said.

What a fun and interesting child he must be. Looks like he is going to be smarter than his parents, but then that is the way it was with Jayl
ReplyDelete