Theo: Little Goku
Jay: Krillin, monk/fighter/buddy of Goku
Julie: Bulma, Little Goku's friend who invents things and screams a lot.
Little Foot: The 4 star dragon ball. Collect all 7 dragon balls and you can summon a dragon who grants wishes.
| Goku may be strong, but he still snuggles with his bunny |
| For all the pictures I got of him sleeping, I don't feel like we got that much rest. Here he is balancing on a chair in his sleep. |
| New and improved monkey tail. Theo used his little fingers to help me put stuffing in it. |
| Theo wanted cookies. He picked what I put on them. |
| More sleeping pictures. |
| Bulma can cook, apparently |
| Walk the plank on VR, but with a real board. It was scary. You know that you are only an inch off the floor, but it doesn't feel like it at all. |
| Ward trunk or treat party |
| The Incredibles! Violet was invisible |
| I love Theo's grin in this one. He sometimes doesn't do well for pictures, but he did fairly well here |
| He is certainly saying something bold and important. I wonder what. |
| The only photo I got of the little dalmatian. I didn't document very well. |

![]() |
| Removing the bald cap at the end of the night |
The next morning I was in the kitchen when I heard Theo calling to me. I opened his door and he was carrying his shirt, pants, and tail in a bundle. His first words were "I need my Goku shoes!"
He told me he wasn't hungry for breakfast and that we needed to go now. I don't know that I've ever seen him so excited about anything! I think he's reaching that age where he understands holidays and things so well. I'm super sad that I missed a picture of Rachel sitting next to him listening to the book. The little witch/princess was holding his tail in her lap, petting it.
He had such a good time, I took him to another library's preschool Halloween story time the next day.
When I went to do his Goku hair, he told me that it needed to look like knives. Apparently that's what he sees when he looks at the anime hair.
The Friday we had a friend's party that was fun. The kids had a great time playing. Goku and Spiderman had lots of fun pretending to be their characters. We loved a fireman and his dalmatian. Kids in costumes are so great! The tiny dalmatian loved petting our real dog.
On Saturday we went to our church's trunk or treat. This year Theo was really into the games. He wasn't particularly good at the bean bag toss or similar games, but his enthusiasm made up for it. Some people recognized our costumes, which was fun. Only 1 man told me he thought my shirt said, "Bulimia." . . .
![]() |
| I think the car passing out chips won the night. |
On Sunday I tried to convince Theo to take off his church clothes before we went to family dinner. He only agreed when I let him wear his costume. I figured our extended family would enjoy seeing him in it.
On Tuesday he wore it to preschool for a Halloween themed preschool. So much fun! After that I remember convincing him to let me wash it --like the 3rd time I had washed it in a week.
On Wednesday he was so excited that he hardly napped. I fought hard to get him down and he only stayed there for 30 minutes. We went to Grandma and Granddad's for chili dogs and then out trick or treating with cousins and friends.
![]() |
| Big group of cousins/friends at my parent's house before Trick or Treating |

We got in the car to go home and he immediately began whining, "Mommy," over and over.
I tried to calm him and that didn't work. Finally, I reminded him that he said I was Bulma, so he shouldn't keep saying, "Mommy."
He hesitated and then said, "You need to wash the blue out of your hair so that you aren't Bulma and can be my mommy again!"
On Friday nights we have been going out for ice cream as a family. Theo is pretty young to know the days of the week, but he now knows that Friday nights are special.
One evening he announced to Jay, "It's getting dark. Time for Friday night ice cream!"
Jay told him, "It's Tuesday night."
Theo responded, "Tuesday night ice cream!"
We did not have Tuesday night ice cream.
On Friday he was very busy playing with letter stickers and a binder my mom had given to him to make his own alphabet book. We peeked into his room and Jay said, "Do you know what day it is?"
Theo announced excitedly, "It's Little Foot day!"
It was pretty great.
He actually refused to go get ice cream until after he had finished putting every sticker on his book, and then he carried it with him while we got ice cream. Theo picked out the colorful ice cream.
| This was swimming with my niece in our heated pool. I guess we just got 1 photo. We had another fun day with her. |
Update: I don't know if I shared yet, but Theo's kidney tests came back good. No surgery! Hurray.
a year ago the surgeon said that his body healing itself was unlikely, but it did.







You absolutely know how to do Halloween and continue a tradition that will create so many memories!! Theo is a hoot! Ahhhhh, the innocense and truthfulness of a child.
ReplyDelete