On Tuesday the 21st, by our nurse's suggestion, I brought in the car seats for the car seat test. They are put in the car seats for 1.5 hours with their monitors on to make sure their heart rates and oxygenation levels are good for car rides.
By Wednesday they were taking everything by mouth!
I got a call Thursday morning. The NICU likes parents to room in with their babies for a day before taking them home. They wanted us to room in that night.
I packed up Theo to go to his grandparents. I packed Little Foot to go to Lisa's. I packed stuff for Jay and me. I visited the girls while Theo played at Amy and Jeannette's. Then I said goodbye for the girls for the last time.
That night in a little room with our girls and no monitors was very exciting. It was also exhausting.
We couldn't take turns sleeping because there was only 1 room. Instead we took turns laying in bed awake while the other parent took care of the girls. For some reason no one got sleep until after 3 a.m.
But then we went home on Friday, January 24th! And honestly that night was great for me. I slept 4 hours in our bed, then Jay woke me. I fed the girls twice in 6 hours and each time they went right back to sleep and so did I. Home is definitely the best.
Theo loves getting to meet his sisters, not just see them through the glass.
I'm amazed that it just seems natural to have 2 more little ones in our house.
At one point Theo told Jay and I that we had to come here, his sisters were singing. We got closer to their room and the girls were shrieking unhappily.
Uhh. . . I'm glad you like that, Theo.
They settled pretty quickly.
It's amazing how much noisier they are than Theo was at that age. Miri is quite noisy, even in her sleep. She sometimes let's our a loud cry and when I go to check, she's completely out. Wendy also can be loud.
Most of the pictures below are from newest to oldest. Enjoy.
Above: Miri, Theo, Wendy
No comments:
Post a Comment