Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Fruit Pizza and the Solar System

I told Theo a few weeks ago that I thought we should make fruit pizza. He's never had it and was very interested. He talked about wanting to put red sauce on it and I told him that we usually use whipped cream instead. He says maybe we could use raspberry jam because it's red and goes well with fruit.
I've had fruit pizzas before with sugar cookie crust, but decided that maybe using a sweet yeast bread would also be delicious.
Today he announced that he wanted to make fruit pizza and that the fruit would be the Solar System! He was so excited with his idea.
Unlike regular pizza, I let the crust rise a bit. I spread the this with butter and then Theo wanted cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on top to be stars.
After it baked and cooled he spread jam on it. Jay had to go to the store -- we were out of bread -- and I asked if he'd get some round fruits for solar system pizza. 
The sun -- banana slice
Mercury -- blueberry
Venus -- kiwi
Earth -- grape
Mars -- cherry (he had this one planned on advance because Mars is red)
Jupiter -- plum with whipped cream sticking on a cherry to be the great red spot

Saturn -- plum surrounded by apple slices for the rings

Second row (he ran out of space)
Uranus -- 1 blueberry
Neptune -- 4 blueberries
"Our favorite dwarf planet, Pluto" -- 1 blueberry

Nebula -- pile of whipped cream
Lime -- another dwarf planet

He's been pretty obsessed with space since he was 2 and thought up these ideas by himself. I'm very proud of him. Also, the pizza was tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment