 |
| Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband |
The girls are 6 months old and we're so glad to see them grow and learn new things. Miri is in khaki and Wendy is in black below
 |
Wendy went to her physical therapy appointment. It's been to treat torticollis (a tense neck muscle which caused her to turn her head tot he right) and a misshapen head. We had 1 evaluation and then a few teletherapy visits. I'm so glad we got her in before Covid-19 and early. Her head difference measured at 14 the first time she was seen in March. A number 10 or higher needs a helmet. Then it measured 10. This last visit, she was down to an 8! She has done so well with developing physically. |
I was so proud to show the therapist how she loves tummy time and is always rolling over and wiggling around. The therapist said that for adjusted age, she was more physically capable than 95% of the other babies her age! For actual age, she measured on the 25th percentile, which also means that she wouldn't need extra help either.
I was feeling pretty good about her development and the fact that she doesn't now need a helmet, but her 6 month well child check burst my bubble. She only weighed 10 pounds 5 oz and has fallen to the 1st percentile for weight. No, we are not panicking, but we are fortifying some bottles for her and introducing her to avocado. I knew she was small, but she had been tenth percentile before. We are working on it. We will see the doctor in a few weeks to check that her weight is okay.
On 4-2-2020 at 4 months old she was 8.4 pounds. On 6-8-2020 at 6 months she was 10.3 pounds.
Wendy grew out of most of the newborn sized things, but has a few legless, short sleeved onesies that still fit. She's tiny!
Both girls love toys and roll around a lot and are working at sitting up and maybe actual scooting or crawling soon.
Miri is doing so well. She got her head measured too and doesn't need a helmet. For adjusted age she is growing around the 50th percentile. On 4-2-2020 at 4 months old she was 10.2 pounds and on 6-8-2020 at 6 months she was 12.7 pounds. She is starting to grow out of the 0-3 month clothing and into the 3-6 month.
I was encouraged to start Wendy on avocado and some other solids to help her gain weight. I, of course offered them to Miri as well. Miri loves them. She took a few days/tries but then got the eating solid foods thing down really well. Miri loves any opportunity for food, and her chunky legs show it.
Wendy also loves the food, but it's more like, "I'm so glad to be a part of this. Sticking this spoon in my mouth is quite an adventure." When she's in the mood to eat, she still only eats maybe 1/3 of the amount Miri eats. But she is so happy. Both girls have started looking at me accusingly when I eat while holding them. They would certainly like that bowl of chili or ice cream. So far they have had avocado, oatmeal cereal mixed with expressed milk, and banana. Apparently lots of baby foods have fewer calories than the baby's milk, so I looked up which ones are good for weight gain. And, of course, I'm supposed to wait 3 days between new additions so I have to go slowly.
I remember Theo really hated the purees. He did like the rice cereal some. But mostly we waited until he was older because he wanted to feed himself. Still, I think he was 10 months old before he ever ate as much as Miri did. He mostly liked milk.
The girls got a bouncer from my grandma and Aunt Lori that has 2 toys on the bar above it: a tiger and a butterfly. They both love the butterfly and are so happy that they can now reach it. They couldn't care less about the tiger. It's funny to see that they already have opinions.
 |
| Miri |
 |
| Wendy, Miri |
 |
| Wendy's big eyes |
 |
| Wendy and Miri |
 |
| Miri |
 |
Miss Miri Mack, Mack, Mack All dressed in black, black, black, With silver bunnies, bunnies, bunnies Right down her back, back, back |
 |
Miri is the one looking at the camera
|
 |
| Miri, Wendy |
 |
| Wendy's pout! |
 |
| Wendy |
 |
| I put Wendy down facing the other way on that blanket, but she rolled and rolled until she could learn some math on the T.V. |
 |
| Wendy in teal and Miri in pink flowers |
 |
| Wendy playing with her dress |
 |
| Wendy |
 |
| Miri |
 |
| Miri matching a teddy my mom made out of a onesie |
 |
| Miri Wendy |
 |
| Miri liked the joke more than Wendy |
 |
| Miri tired from her 6 month vaccines |
 |
| Trying baby food. Wendy thinks it's funny to put her foot on the table |
 |
| Mommy and Miri |
 |
| Wendy loves Theo |
 |
| Bendy Wendy |
 |
| Wendy is looking at us |
 |
| Miri in pink, Wendy in purple |
 |
| Theo ran in one morning and immediately began loving on his sister. I asked if he knew which one it was and he said, "No, but I just love them both so much!" |
 |
| I went to check on him and he'd fallen asleep like this. |
He probably was reading before you even notice OR He was reading and then got tired...
ReplyDelete