I told him that maybe he could make it himself, if he wanted to learn. Or he could wait for my hands to be clean, if he wanted me to do it.
He pulled over a chair and got bread and put it in the toaster. He was getting a plate, knife, and butter ready when he fell and hit his chin on the counter on the way down.
Jay was working from home and I called for him as I scrubbed raw chicken off my hands. Jay put on a bandage and took good care of Theo. I took Theo to the pediatrician where the doctor decided to not do stitches but glue. Theo was worried, but he was also so brave. He held still and let the doctor clean and glue his face.
He dozed off in the car on the way home and I carried him in to the couch. I don't think I've done that in ages. Theo woke up and I asked if he wanted anything.
His response was, "Some very cold water and toast that YOU make."
I certainly did that for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment