Sunday, December 19, 2021

Miri's and Wendy's Birthday

 My 2 girls turned 2 and we got them tutus. They loved them. I also made sheep cupcakes that they really loved too. Ever since Gabi sent them sheep stuffed animals for Easter they have been all about sheep.

They are doing actions to The Wheels on the Bus while the toy Theo got them sings the song.

About the girls:

Just in the past few weeks, since they turned 2, they have suddenly been interested in numbers. They point at numbers and have gotten pretty good at telling us 1-10. They do sometimes confuse 6 and 9, but I'm still very impressed.

Favorite books: 

Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? (they don't love this quite as much as 6 months ago, but it's still a favorite. 6 months ago this was the only book that existed, it seemed.)

Old Hat, New Hat -- They got this for their birthday and we read it lots of times in a row.

Hop on Pop -- They liked this book and then a few weeks ago Wendy accidentally got some cactus needles in her hand and knee. For hours afterward she would tell me, "Cacky! and point at her knee. A few nights later we were reading and we got to the pages where Pat is sitting on things and we turned the page and it says, "No, Pat, no, don't sit on  that!" and stops Pat from sitting on a cactus. Wendy was delighted and shouted, "Cacky, Cacky!" and it's suddenly her favorite page and a favorite book to read. 

Dr. Suess's ABC

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom -- Miri especially loves this one.

The World of Eric Carl Learn to Count 1 2 3 -- This book just grabs art from other Eric Carl books (like Brown Bear's red bird) and teaches numbers, which is the girls' new thing, so they love it.

Favorite foods: fruit of all kinds, chicken nuggets, meatballs, cheese sticks, crackers, and dip.

They love dip so much. I usually give them Ranch. They also make big messes with it, hence not giving them something that stains worse.

They also love peas, Miri loves broccoli, and they both love, "mah-may" (what they call edamame). They learned to shell edamame by themselves yesterday and were so proud. They are not fans of roasted brussel sprouts, so don't believe that they love everything.

Favorite activities: 

Going for walks. Wendy especially spends all day trying to convince me to take them for walks. We usually go across the street to the playground if no one else is there. Yes, we're still avoiding other people.

Giving Daddy kisses

Playing with blocks or magnet tiles. They like to get all the blocks or tiles that are the same size and shape and make tall stacks of them. When they play with Duplo they do other things too, like line up all the construction worker men, put the flowers on their fingers like puppets, and play in the big box they are stored in.

Watching kid songs on TV or watching My Neighbor Totoro. I noticed the last time that I watched with them that Wendy has picked up a lot of new words from that show like, "tadpoles." While most movies don't keep the girls' attention, this one does.

Putting on lotion. We were at their 2 year well child check when I used some hand sanitizer. They saw it and thought it was lotion and immediately took off their shoes and socks and demanded I rub some on their feet. I of course told them no and I didn't have lotion for them either. But it was very funny and cute. As a side note, just like a year ago, we did their well child checks in combination with Theo's. Last year it went smoothly, even though the girls got vaccines. This year no one was due for vaccines, but it was a lot more chaotic than a year ago. I hadn't anticipated this, since last year they were walking already, but it was. The girls needed me to put their shoes on more, they had to wear masks since they had turned 2 the day before, and they were extra active. Then Theo kept trying to climb on me too because he was feeling left out.

Singing Songs: They love the Cocomelon "Wash your hands" and (unfortunately) "No, no, no." I hear them singing both of those songs to themselves. They also will sing part of the ABC song. They love "Old MacDonald Had a Farm," "Wheels on the Bus," and "Popcorn Popping." Wendy has also composed a chant that goes, "Nuggets, nuggets, dip! Chicken nuggets!"

A week after their birthday they were coughing, despite giving Albuterol, and Wendy got croupy so I took them to the Dr. She said they were okay, but did start rescue meds on Wendy and we had to give a lot of breathing treatments and later started the rescue meds for Miri as well. This was their first cough they've had since RSV. They are recovered now. 

When we arrived at the office another family was leaving with a brown haired boy who looked like he was around 7. Wendy pointed and told me it was Theo and then cried when I wouldn't let her leave with him, certain I was keeping her from Theo. 

Going for walks. They love the bobbles on their hats. Gabi made these hats years ago





Miri

"Wow, tree!" They said every single time they saw our tree.

Wendy


Miri's delight

They love to go down together




They are doing actions to The Wheels on the Bus while the toy Theo got them sings the song.

Wendy


The online sheep tutorial said to buy edible eye decorations, but the store didn't have them. I told myself that I'd make it work without them. They look derpy.
The girls still loved them. Sheep are sheep.


They look so tired. This was Thanksgiving! I guess I didn't get pictures of much, but this is the girls eating and appreciating pumpkin pie


So cute. Also annoying because I don't like them on the table and I'm trying to teach them to stay off.



Miri on a day when she wasn't afraid of climbing up








They like to use separate ladders.
Sometimes they have become afraid to go up there, but they often climb right up and go down the slide


After Thanksgiving the pumpkins in our patch finally ripened


No comments:

Post a Comment