We finally got to take Wendy and Miri to meet their grandparents, Gabi and Tache, for the first time. We also got to see Nat and Steve and their families.
It was so great to meet with family after so long being away from everyone. And the day after Thanksgiving I celebrated by eating pie for breakfast.
Everyone was so kind and gracious hosts. Tache even reminded me on Wednesday that if we were leaving Saturday, we needed to get trip snacks and games that day. He took me and we got Dramamine as well as snacks and some wonder markers that only color on the paper provided. The kids really loved those. Like for 2 hours of the car trip we heard nothing but the sound of markers rubbing on the wonderink books.
 |
| With Jay's grandma, who is 95 |
 |
| Theo requested pictures with Bear before we left. Bear was such a good Pomeranian, so very good with the girls |
 |
| Uncle Andy! |
 |
Holding all 3 kids! Andy also picked up Jay and I at the same time at our wedding. |
 |
| Jay and Daniel, his childhood friend from TX had a bunch of contests |
 |
| I think they tied when they took into account all of the different things they did. Jay won the arm wrestle but Daniel really won the foot race |
 |
| Playing with Abby |
 |
Sorry I didn't edit out the glove on the bottom. But look at Miri and Wendy on the zip line. And there's Clara on the other one. I'm so glad we visited Steve and his family and I wish I had taken more photos |
 |
| Jonah beat Theo at checkers twice and chess once. Then the next morning before his parents got up, Jonah made pancakes all by himself. Theo and Jonah got along really well. Jonah's such a good cousin. |
 |
Miri had a fever there on Tuesday night and we were all pretty stressed about it and masked up. After all we did trying to stay healthy, we still got sick. We masked up and people seemed better, but Miri and Wendy had runny noses and then our last day they were coughing. Since getting home the coughs got worse and we needed to give Miri rescue meds since the 2 inhalers weren't cutting it. But now they are doing better (today is Dec. 3. I'm going to back date this post, probably). Wendy never needed the extra meds, just her inhalers. What I'm saying is that germs are hard. I wo |
 |
Nat had a bunch of leaves in her backyard. We had told the girls we would go see play in them and talked it up. When we got to the yard, Miri cried, "They have a SLIDE!" so we of course played on the slide first. |
 |
| Tache brought the kids and me to the school he works at and we played with all his science things |
 |
| Bubbles that don't pop easily. See the one between his fingers? |
 |
| Wendy's hair |
 |
| They saw markers and asked to draw. Theo drew a bunch of diagrams about the experiments we had done already. |
 |
| Flip tops |
 |
| We stopped at a Wendy's on the drive up and the kids were feeding each other fries |
 |
| Wendy wanted 4 braids |
 |
| Miri |
 |
Jay's 95 year old grandma invited me and others out for a manicure. I've never had a professional one done before and purple makes me happy. Jay's mom was able to come and got sparkly red, Grandma got red for Christmas, and Sakura got black. Nat couldn't come because she's allergic to the chemicals they use.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment