We went to the zoo and Miri was so excited. We all had fun, but Miriam is pretty great.
We had planned to go in the morning first thing, but then it was really cold -- like 40 degrees. So we cancelled that and planned a trip to Grandma's house in the morning instead. But then Miriam was so sad, we decided to go once it warmed up. Jay had a dentist appointment at noon, so we had to go after. I was very nervous about the girls having fun instead of quiet time or nap like normal in the afternoon.
Also, we had planned to have Devon and his family over that night. Anyway, it was a long day, and the girls were tired, but there weren't any huge meltdowns. I was like, "Whew, we made it!"
After I got the girls to bed, I went to put Theo to bed and he told me he was sad that I hadn't played Pokemon cards with him and that the day was just too busy. Poor kid. I understand wanting downtime too. But we really did have a fun day. We just will try to make downtime too next time because Theo also gets tired.
Cake
Wendy talked me into helping her bake a cake today. I said that we're having a cake. We must be celebrating. What are we celebrating?
She answered, "The cake!"
 |
| Thanks, Mom, for taking our picture |
Circular thinking. Also I like it.
 |
| Check out Theo's mouth! He's missing 3 teeth is a row! |
 |
| Kaiana and Daniel came too :) |
 |
| Theo has always loved identifying birds in the aviary |
 |
| She wanted to climb on this rock |
 |
Jay bought a tongue drum that sounds pretty for the kids to learn a bit more about music. The girls can play baby shark on it (1 2 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 . . . 3) I showed Theo how to convert the music in his keyboard book into tabs and he loved figuring them out and playing them. He spent awhile converting them. |
 |
| Wendy sometimes loves brushing out her curls. It makes her hair very poofy, but it's her hair and she loves it and I'm not going to say she can't |
 |
| Theo bought Play Doh from Target, finally using up his birthday gift card his friend Amy gave him. Naturally, he made our solar system. |
 |
| He made the Earth, blue and green on the outside, and then he made the different layers like the mantle and core on the inside. He loves his books about the planet. |
 |
| From the outside. He had already cut it in half before he realized I could take pictures |
No comments:
Post a Comment