Theo had his 9 month checkup today. He is looking good, around 50th percentile for height, weight, and head size.
28.5 inches long
19 pounds 14 ounces
18 inch head
He also impressed the doctor with his cute smiles. I didn't realize when I brought him that he had no shots due this time. I had been kind of stressed out that I was suppossed to run something to a sevice project this afternoon and I was afraid Theo might have a bad reaction to the shots (well, bad meaning fussy) making the day difficult. I love having a vaccinated child, but I don't love the days surrounding vaccines. I actually recently saw an article asking where all the ear infections went. The rate of ear infections is dropping. The article suggested that it was because of better vaccines for viruses that can cause ear infections, as well as more babies being breastfed.
We did have an upsetting situation this morning. After getting produce at Sprouts I dropped by Walmart for a few other groceries. I checked out with my two bags when suddenly Theo started screaming. He had been sitting in the child seat in the cart and somehow had gotten his foot through a hole next to the large leg hole. He was screaming and stuck right above his ankle!
I couldn't get him out and the checker called for help. When we couldn't work it free, I asked them to bring a tool to bend the bars. I just held him trying to keep him still. Soon several employees were gathered along with a woman customer. Lotion and ice were brought, but the person bringing a tool brought an 8 inch screw driver. It was not what was needed at all. The woman customer left, I think she went to the hardware department to find some big pliers. Two male employees pulled at the bars with their hands and one freed Theo's foot. Thank goodness! I wish I could have thanked the lady who ran off for pliers. I think it all took less than ten minutes.
I stayed and filled out an incident report, although it looked just bruised to me. I had Theo's doctor look at it at his appointment and she said it looked fine. Less than an hour after the incident, while waiting at the doctor's, Theo pulled himself up to stand on a Little Tykes chair and started walking around, pushing the chair. He didn't seem to be hurt at all!
He LOVED them. He ate bites so happily and when the salad was gone, he cried. I have never seen him cry before when a food ran out. So funny.
The last cute thing was that sometimes when Theo is on the floor and successfully begs some food off me, he sometimes feeds Little Foot out of his hand. It is so cute!


No comments:
Post a Comment