We went to a church swim party last Saturday. Theo grabbed the top of my taco and stuffed his handful of chopped cilantro and salsa verde in his mouth. He already loves spicy food, apparently! He has also tried Jay's
spicy V8 tomato juice and liked that too. In fact, he has been less enthused about bread I offer him, unless it is a grilled cheese or piece of pizza. Theo loves flavor. At the party he also ate refried beans, Spanish rice, tortilla chips, and a little of a snickerdoodle (by the time Daddy offered the snickerdoodle, he was more intent on turning his food into crumbs and decorating Mommy's shirt with them.
Theo didn't seem that interested in swimming until other babies joined in. He got bored with just his parents and the older kids, or maybe he was just impatient for a salsa break. Whatever it was, after we got out and ate, other babies started swimming and Theo had a much better time.
On Monday I got Theo a ball and he and I rolled it back and forth. I had read that kids this age could do that and so tried and was impressed. I had also read that they can start to wash themselves in the tub. I gave Theo the wash cloth -- well I offered it. He was way too busy playing with the plug to take it. When he wasn't trying to let out the water, he was playing with his rubber duck. Perhaps he can wash himself at this age, but he has zero interest in it. Can you believe a boy is not that interested in getting clean?
In Theo's defense, the rubber duck is a new toy, and so very interesting. At the store I laid out the different colors to see which one he would pick. He chose blue over yellow or green. I wonder if he has a color preference at this age.
Jay has been working on a little garden in the backyard. It has been 2 or 3 weeks and I am impressed by the growth of some of the sunflowers and pumpkin plants. Only 1 bean plant is growing. It's nice to look out our windows at the green plants, replacing the lantana that was there before. All the new plants are dog-friendly.
Speaking of dogs, Little Foot is doing very well. After being ill he has recovered and has lots of energy for jumping around and for cleaning up after Theo. Sometimes Theo purposefully feeds Little Foot. It is very cute, but like many cute things, should probably be discouraged. Theo also makes loud, happy noises in church. Again, a very cute thing that should be discouraged.
Theo is ticklish, or perhaps he just giggles at the attention if being tickled. His giggles are very cute.
Julie, I love reading your blog. Glad to read about Theo, Little Foot and Jay's little garden! Keep updating! =)
ReplyDeleteLove, Sera