Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter Egg Hunt

Saturday my parents had us over for breakfast and an Easter egg hunt. Jay got to go, which was great. Theo had participated in an egg hunt a few weeks ago and hadn't seemed to understand. This time, he immediately started bringing me eggs and grabbed Jay's hand to get help with the ones under the couch. We rehid his eggs for fun and Theo ran around saying, "Egg, egg, egg, egg!"
Later Theo decided to open the front door to the entryway. He was surprised to find eggs there -- eggs the older kids had missed. I invited Erik in too. He got some Theo missed.

Davy was there. We got to ask him lots of questions about his and his fiancee's interviews in Mexico and about his upcoming wedding. He says they talked to a few people who openly admit they got married for a green card. Davy says he guess he can see with all the fraud why the paperwork and process is so intimidating. Still, I know they will be relieved when it is all over and he can get married. 

It was nice to see Will and Amanda too, the first I've really seen them since their wedding. 

We missed Steve and Sarah.

We also went swimming with my old friend Rachel and her family. Her adorable daughter is 8 months old and the camera loves her. It was her very first time swimming.

The footage and pictures are from an Easter egg hunt we had in our yard with just Theo. He is really understanding this egg hunt thing at this point, candy and all. Even just looking at the pictures now, he is crying out "Egg, egg, egg, DADDY!"

I hear at church while I taught the 3-year-olds Theo was having fun with Jay in Sunday School, asking everyone for trash and then throwing the scraps of paper in the waste basket. Later, near the end of church Jay said that Theo firmly took his hand and said, "Mah--ee" and led him into the hall to find me. He has never called me "Mommy" before. That is so cute!

I find it funny that he didn't quite pronounce it, based on him enjoying eating salami the other day. He was calling it "cheese" and I tried to tell him it was salami. He understood and started chanting, "mommy, mommy, mommy" very clearly, instead of saying, "salami."

He wants me to read to him, so that's all for now.

Notice Theo is holding an egg. Also notice the stranger behind them also throwing and catching. ???


Underwater couple picture

That hair!





Today's trick: He was jumping off the step and I'd pull him around in the water by his hands.


He was eating a jelly bean





No comments:

Post a Comment