Wednesday, April 12, 2017

New name and more swimming

Theo knows many words, but other than "Daddy" hasn't learned anyone's name, until now: Tache. He can identify Tache from different photos. I was beginning to worry that he thought "Daddy" meant human.

Yesterday Jay printed a hand of a figure on his 3D printer. He told Theo it was a hand. Theo sometimes will say "hand" and know what it means, but this time he misheard. He said, "hat" a few times and then put it on his head.

A week ago we were outside Caleb's choir rehearsal and Theo saw some rough looking wooden doorstops. He picked one up, said, "trash," and tried to put it into a big trash can! I did not specifically teach him that word, but we obviously use it enough that he picked it up.

Theo has been staying up later these days so that he can have some Daddy time, since Jay is working overtime. How could we expect Theo to go to bed just after his favorite Daddy gets home? Theo doesn't know it, but he is going to love it when Jay doesn't have to work overtime anymore. Come on April 18!

Last night Theo went to get the mail with Daddy. I hear that when Theo used the key to look in the mailbox, he went crazy from excitement to see another key inside -- it was to a bigger mailbox where Jay had gotten a package. Theo loves keys.

Theo often loves to sit at the table on a real chair with us now. I try to encourage him to be cleaner (not pour his food everywhere) and tell him he is a big boy. Big boys at the table

Last night I couldn't get him to go to sleep before book club, so he came with me. He loved a giant globe that the host had in her library. He called it a ball and spun it. All the ladies were very impressed with how he is growing.
I am wearing both our hats and Theo thinks it's silly










Oven mitts are fun

1 comment:

  1. He is the youngest grandchild to be considered for my will!! Way to go Theo Jack. Love, Tache

    ReplyDelete