Theo really liked the houses with good decorations. At one he had trouble making it up to the door because he wanted to touch each thing.
Because his cousins were saying it, Theo learned to say, "Happy Halloween!"
He was good at saying thank you. One time Jay reminded him, "Say thank you, Theo."
Theo responded, "Thank you Theo!"
At one door a middle aged man asked if I was trick or treating too. I said, no, I was that one's mommy. He told me I should take a piece because I was adorable. Jay was in costume too and no one insisted he take candy.
He was so sad when I told him he had had enough candy and I needed to put it away. He had been so happy with each piece he was given and it was like I could see the wheels turning in his head, thinking, "But people gave that to me! I now get to eat it!" He can't articulate it yet, but that is what it seemed like.
He was so sad when I told him he had had enough candy and I needed to put it away. He had been so happy with each piece he was given and it was like I could see the wheels turning in his head, thinking, "But people gave that to me! I now get to eat it!" He can't articulate it yet, but that is what it seemed like.
One of our neighbors gave Theo a sucker, but then she just kept finding reasons to give him more and more. I think he got at least 8 from her. They have tootsie roll inside. We have not let him have unlimited candy but today he was crabby and I needed to make a store run, so I brought along a few suckers to help him be happy. He got to the middle and announced that it was yucky. "Don't want it." I guess we have found something he doesn't like -- tootsie rolls. Or maybe he just doesn't like them in the middle of his suckers.
This is the same kid who was smelling the box of butter at the store and telling me, "Smells good."
A few days later Jay found him eating butter straight.
Theo is getting even more adept at pushing chairs around to get what he wants. His candy is up high enough he hasn't yet gotten it. For a consolation prize he got himself some markers. The magic erasers got the markers off the walls. Nothing in my house is childproofed these days except for the stuff that is locked up.
Today we went to the grocery store. We pulled in and Theo asked to go to Amy's house.
"No, I'm sorry, Amy is sick."
Theo looked so sad, crawled into my arms and said, "Theo sick too."
This might be his first lie.
One book we got from the library is called Kai-Lan's ABCs. Whenever I read the title, Theo corrects me, "A-B-C-S," he says each letter name, emphasizing the S he thinks I forgot.
No comments:
Post a Comment