Monday, June 18, 2018

Utah Trip part 3 -- Seeing Old Roommates and BYU Campus

On Monday, just as I finally got enough antihistamines in my system to feel human, we went to meet some of our old roommates. (I mention the antihistamines because I had not been able to wear my contacts. Jay was talking with Chris about how, although we hate the snow, right now the weather is just great and we love it. Ummm, speak for yourself. I was having so many hay fever problems. Seriously, I did love the grass and cooler weather.)


With Chris
Chris: He Theo. Did you know that I have a son?
Theo: Is his name Henry?

Note: Henry is the name of one of his very good friends. I guess all little boys should have the name Henry.






We walked around campus a lot. Theo really wanted me to carry him. I was so very tired by the time we were done.
We went to the Bean museum and saw the taxidermy animals there. They have redone it all and it was very impressive. It has a giraffe and other giant animals when you walk in and Theo told me, "It's earth! Let's find the other planets."
I realized that there was a globe behind the giraffe. It was awesome, but the museum didn't have other planets.
At one point Theo was so excited that he grabbed my hand and was having me turn in circles. I told him no, Mommy was tired (hay fever and walking so much and poor sleep. Luckily I eventually got caught up in sleep soon.) Jay took him upstairs for awhile while I sat down.



We met my former roommates at an ice cream shop. Theo really wanted a cone and cookies. We got him a cone and I got a cookie sandwich and shared some cookies. It was really good.

Goldstone 101 back together again!


Our theme for the meeting was good memories. We talked about how we had roommate prayer each night and didn't own a T.V. and how much fun we had together. We talked about how we all got along and miss Ashley playing her guitar.








Theo was really, really good. He walked around in the circle and played with his monster truck. He picked that one out himself. I told him to pick out something at the dollar store for the trip and he insisted that was what he wanted.
I told him he already had a yellow monster truck. Maybe he wanted a blue or red one. No, he was sure he wanted a yellow and green one. He was right. He loved it.


He was reading the letters on Katrina's shirt.
















Group hug, just like old times

Theo loved Katrina

1 comment: