Monday, June 4, 2018

Mini Golf and Trouble

When I looked to see what pictures I took since the last time I posted, I found a lot of pictures of Theo getting into trouble.

He moved the table over by himself to he could get snacks from the cupboard.

He went to the fridge and helped himself to leftover cake.

No trouble in this one -- unless you count my scripture reading chart that he scribbled on. He saw that Mommy filled in dots. He wanted to too.
He looks so cute in those head phones!
 I say my boy is trouble, but honestly he is such a sweetheart. I am so lucky to have him. And he's fun.
Helping Mommy wash the car

Park day on Memorial Day. He picked out those sunglasses himself.



Fun with Daddy



He really wanted cupcakes with sprinkles. After I showed him how to put sprinkles on one cupcake, he did his own. And then, before helping more, he started eating his.

I just came by to see this. I love that the "l" is really a broken emery board. Everything else is magnet letters.
Who knew I was really a Disney princess?
It really didn't want to leave my hand.

He made Alphabet Soup out of magnet letters and then sat on the couch and pretended to eat it.
This was when his cousin Rachel was over.
A few minutes before he was crying really hard. I asked what was wrong.
"Rachel made me really sad!"
"What did she do?"
I finally decoded his answer. He had been making Alphabet Soup and Rachel came over and put a handful of letters in his bowl in the wrong order.
I explained that she didn't understand that Alphabet soup was made in Alphabetical order and that she was just trying to help . . .

Rachel, my cousin daughter, was over and played wash the rocks in a big bucket. Theo never plays that. He plays sink or float or he makes big splashes.
Anyway, Little Foot decided he wanted to drink from the container. He stopped when I opened the door.


Chicka Chicka Boom Boom with Play Doh

"Mommy, I'm exercising!"
It really does look like some of my yoga moves.

He loved golfing so much! And he was free at his age.

We went to Golf N' Stuff on Memorial Day, his first mini golf experience. He really liked it! Some of the holes he even got the ball in in 3 or 4 strokes.
Most holes were a lot of strokes. At the end he even started picking up the ball and helping it to the hole. Slopes are hard.




Trouble. I got out of the bathroom to find Theo eating a bowl of broccoli right outside the door. He got it himself.




It was after sunset, which was so nice to be cool, but the pictures on my phone didn't come out really well. But they're still cute.
The other thing I could mention about Theo is that he has taken a lot of joy in correcting people and things recently. He especially likes to correct his books.
In Chicka Chicka Boom Boom after the little letters climb and fall from the tree, it shows 4 big (capital/adult) letters comforting 4 little letters. He looked up on that page and told me, "Mommy little n is blue, but it's actually purple." I flipped back and, yes, n is purple on the other pages.
He then told me, "u is blue. N is holding u and he is upside down."
Color me impressed. Also, my kid really likes to be right.

In Pete the Cat: The Petes Go Marching, Theo points out that on the page for 8 there is a number 7. I showed him that there are 8 cats on that page and the story writes "eight" but there is a sign on the page with the number 7. It says "Concert Tonight 7 p.m."
He told me it should say 8.
Not really a mistake, but I guess if you find 1 mistake, you get excited to find more. And in his defense, perhaps it would have better if the concert was at 8 on that sign.

He has also been known to say things like, "Mommy you were wrong. You called this a car. It is a monster truck."

Yesterday we got to attend my brother's baby's blessing. Little Alec is so cute! Sorry, I didn't get a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment