Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas 2019

We went to a church Christmas party and they got these pictures for us. The decorations and Santa and Mrs. Claus were amazing.

The girls are out of their isolettes and into open cribs. On Christmas Eve I got to give Wendy a bath, the first time I've been there for a bath. 
On the 22nd I held both girls at the same time. We had about 40 minutes with no alarms going off. The alarms sound most often because the girls have low oxygen levels. At this point alarms are expected and normal. 
Then both girls had alarms go off. I tried rearranging them. They reached out and took each other's hands. It was pretty cute. 
On the 23rd, they decreased the feed time for their ng tubes from 90 minutes to 60. They have been more awake and alert for their care times and we're hoping that in a week they will be ready to start eating by mouth. 
Theo got to see the girls, one at a time, on Christmas. They are in cribs so it's allowed. The girl above is Wendy. I'm pretty sure.
Above is Miriam.

Yes, my hair is wet. Theo briefly seemed sick the night before, and then seemed fine. We waited all day to see the girls to see if Theo felt bad can at all, and bathed before seeing them because germs are scary to teeny babies. 

Today Wendy officially broke 4 pounds. She's 4 lbs 1 oz. Miriam is 4 pounds 7 ounces.

No comments:

Post a Comment