| Let me help you with your chores, Mommy. |
| Hats! |
| I moved the chair so I could sweep. He thought that was so funny |
Last Sunday morning I was making waffles and trying to keep him quiet while Jay slept -- Jay let me sleep in Saturday morning. It's nice to try to return the favor. -- I was busy stirring and measuring when Theo fussed so I sang the scale, "1, 1-2-1, 1-2-3-2-1 . . ." I usually use my fingers to show the number I am on, but obviously couldn't because my hands were busy. Well Theo got quiet and excited and then held up his fingers and wiggled and stared at them. He remembered that I move my fingers during that song!
Also last week he learned how to wave, which he does when he wants to and sometimes when we request it. He has a personality.
As far as eating goes, he is becoming more opinionated. He spat out the oatmeal, which he used to like. A week ago he ate almost an entire slice of frozen pizza by himself. I ate some leftover mac and cheese tonight but decided to scrounge something healthier for the baby since I feel like he is finding a preference for junk food and want him to keep his taste for healthy food. He enjoyed the butternut squash curry with chick peas and rice that I thawed from the freezer. I liked it too.
A week ago with lunch we had a strawberry, banana, and spinach smoothie. He liked it, but threw both of his silicone spoons on the floor. I put some in a plastic cup. He did like sipping it instead of eating it from a spoon. Eventually he poured it all over himself, which was a bit amazing since I gave him so little. While getting the bath ready, I let him stand by the tub. My climber just crawled over the side (with me holding on in case he slipped) and into the tub. He is getting so able to do things physically.
It is so amazing to me that a year ago he was a fetus waiting to be born and now he is playing peekaboo and crawling so quickly that I often have to run when I see him after the dog's water.
He has an even greater love for books. He brought me Richard Scarry's Trucks a few times today. He loves the pickle tanker truck. His favorite book is Snuggle Puppy.
One day a few weeks ago Theo kept crying but would stop the moment I paid him attention. I love paying him attention, but I can't be actively playing with him every second. I joked that he was bored and so should sweep the floor. Well the other day I was cleaning and got a picture of him attempting just that.
We do best when I try to involve Theo in the tasks and play with him while we get things done. He has not been demanding quite so much attention the past couple of days, but the trade off is that he keeps himself busy by getting into things. He is continually throwing all the books off the bookshelves, pulling the shoes off the shoe rack, pulling kitchen towels out of the drawer, throwing the recycling onto the floor, and finding anything and everything to play with.
Yesterday I boxed up a a diaper box of books and put it into my closet. I will have my books out when Theo and any younger siblings become old enough to stop mauling them.
I am not sure if the video will work.
The shoes look so cute on him! I'm glad they fit. =) Rachel also loves to play with the stuff in the recycle bin. And...no the video didn't work. =(
ReplyDelete