We will dress up tonight and Monday too, so hopefully today we will get some better shots of the details of our costumes because we worked hard on them.
Anyway, we had a fun party with 12 adults (including us) and 6 babies in attendance. I made pancakes and Jay made sausage patties. Honestly, making pancakes for a crowd was easier than some meals I put on. Our friends brought lots of food too. I wish I had gotten a picture of the table. Oops. It's like I was busy or something.
Our costumes: Theo is dressed as Momotaro and we are his animal companions, a monkey, a pheasant, and a dog. Here's a link to the traditional Japanese story of Momotaro, as we celebrated Theo's Japanese heritage.
As a note, if you type "pheasant costume" into Google it asks, "Are you sure you don't mean peasant costume?" No, google, I'm going to be a Japanese pheasant.
At the party we watched Kiki's Delivery Service and all the babies had fun together. It was so great of everyone to come.
| She was terrified of Jay's monkey makeup |
| Ron Weasley and Dobby the house elf |
| Dobby didn't like his ears, but we got the picture |
| Momotaro |
No comments:
Post a Comment