On Sunday we went to Sacrament in Medford, OR and then went to a dog park. Since Little Foot was in the car, we didn't get to go to all of 3 hours of church, but we were glad to get to go to some of it -- and it was nice and cool that day, so we didn't worry about our dog dying, also the windows were down.
On Monday evening we had plans to meet up with family, so we stopped in the afternoon at
The Oregon Gardens. This was a very impressive botanical garden. I didn't really get pictures to do it justice, which is good because we mostly were just focused on enjoying it. It did have an $11 admission fee, but it was well worth it. I think my dad would like it a lot, and so would his mom. It also had a tram to ride around that took you through the best of it. I believe it had 5 miles of walking trails throughout it with flower gardens, groves of trees, and even fruits and vegetables. We spent about 2 hours and still hadn't seen it all. I could have seen more, but we wanted to get to Beaverton and also, it was hot. I think part of the way through the trip I had to roll up my jeans (the first day I had gotten to wear long pants in awhile because it seemed cool enough in the morning).
Not only did we really enjoy the gardens, but Little Foot seemed excited about all the new smells and he loved the tram ride. My dog loves vehicles!
 |
"Little Foot, cross the stream!" He seemed to think we were encouraging him to drink. Apparently stream water tastes better than water from a dish. |
 |
| They had a little doggie section with plants that were pet friendly (good for animals to eat, although we didn't let him eat them) |
 |
| This was a tree with interesting branches. It grows in CHILE |
 |
| They had a children's garden with some interesting displays. I took the most photos here :) |
 |
| A Dr. Seuss-like tree in the children's section |
 |
| Bamboo forest |
 |
| A Hobbit Hole (added 2 years ago) |
 |
| Peeking from inside the hobbit hole |
 |
| What pretty multi colored flowers . . . and then I got closer and they were even cooler |
 |
It turned out they were peppers but their fruit stuck up like flower petals :) They had an entire edible garden section |
 |
| He finally made a giant leap across |
 |
| After all the smells and all the walking (and it getting hot), Little Foot was exhausted and just laid down on the tram. I was tired too, but maintained a bit more dignity than would come from me lying on the seat. |
Yes, I would love to go to those gardens. The tree is a Chilean Pine, and they call them Araucana here. Across the street from Steven and Stacy's home is a tree that I call a "Doctor Zeuss" tree also.
ReplyDelete