On our way to Rockaway Jay and I stopped for gas and instead of a general convenience store, the little shop was a Tillamook Factory outlet where we got a pound of the best beef jerky we've ever tasted. Yes, that's what got us home for car snacks. It was also less expensive than any yummy jerky than I've ever eaten, including the Wal-mart brand.
Jay and I went with Natalie and Chad and their family to see the cheese. We were hoping to sample ice cream -- like Natalie said they got to last time they came. No such luck on the Tillamook Ice Cream front (as far as free goes) but we did get to sample different kinds of cheese. I had never tried some of the more unique blends, including a garlic pepper cheese that was really tasty. The kids loved everything about the factory except that a few of the samples were spicy. You could see that they wanted to try all the samples, but knew they shouldn't because they don't like spicy food.
| Samples. Teaching kids how to get a new toothpick each time was really a challenge |
No comments:
Post a Comment