Friday, August 7, 2015

Oregon Trip, Turtle Bay Exploration Park

Saturday morning we got up to see the Turtle Bay Exploration Park in Redding, CA. As a town, we weren't impressed with Redding, but we did enjoy the pretty park. It was huge with a giant sundial bridge, water, walking paths, and a botanical garden.

Our checkout at the motel was noon, so we got up early before it got really hot, I ate oatmeal balls for breakfast, and then we explored.

The park was a lot of fun and I would say worth going to. We his some more amazing attractions later, but this was still a good time -- and free, too :)

After this we went back to the motel and napped for an hour until checkout, since we were taking it easy this vacation.


This sundial bridge was pretty cool and so tall. Little Foot wasn't too sure about walking on the slippery surface.


The plants in the botanical gardens here were suffering from the drought and not extremely impressive, but they had set up a bunch of fun artistic displays everywhere and there was even seating in the shade of the trees. 
Can you spot my men peeking through?

Crossing a wash. Little Foot isn't afraid of heights

He wouldn't move when Jay put him on the moss (yes, there was a moss display at the botanical gardens)
I guess it felt funny on his paws.

"Please get me off of here?"

The pond even had frogs and tadpoles :)







Little Foot wanted to be in the photo, too

I could imagine Kaiana and Sakura seeing the stone artwork in the place and then going home to glue rocks into pretty patterns.



Making friends. There were a lot of dogs!

He found some more dachshunds, these ones with long hair!
I think the long hair is beautiful, but I'm very glad Little Foot doesn't have it. He looks handsome and is easier to care for this way

Bike rack


"Make sure you get a photo of this for Nat!"
"Already on it."


No comments:

Post a Comment